In denim trends, the motorcycle jean is currently the leader of the pack (vroom vroom). The style was seen in the Balmain A/W 2009 collection, and since that runway sighting, has been the choice pick for trend-setting celebrities like Cameron Diaz, Shenae Grimes, and Rihanna (pictured above respectively). A slew of other celebs are wearing them as well including Nikki Hilton, Kate Hudson, and as we showed you recently, Katie Holmes.
The motorcycle jean is both edgy and form-flattering thanks to it’s padded knee and piping detail. They can be worn casually, like Diaz, with a sweater or dressed up like Grimes with a chic blazer.
We recommend the Current/Elliott Moto Skinny in Nightwash ($240). They are incredibly comfortable and the perfect selection for rocking the motorcycle trend.
Posted in Trend Report
Tagged cameron diaz, celebrity fashion, celebrity fashion trends, celebrity style, current/elliott, current/elliott moto skinny, denim trends, Fashion, jeans, motorcycle jeans, Rihanna, Shenae Grimes, Trends
Sequins have reemerged to shine some more this season as exemplified on the Balmain runway. This trend is one which must be executed carefully. It’s best to wear one piece with sequins and go basic everywhere else. Unless of course, your hero piece is a sequined dress. In that case, go minimal by selecting basic black platform pumps and little or no jewelry.
Here are some of the great sequin pieces available now at LIVE! On Sunset:
1. Robert Rodriguez Sequin Skirt ($300) – 310.360.1660
2. Rory Beca Asymmetrical Sequin Dress ($775)
3. Robert Rodriguez Sequin Short ($400) – 310.360.1660
This season, the reveille is sounding, and it’s forward-march with military flare. Fall collections featured corporal themes that make tailored looks fun and fashion-forward.
1. Joie The Roper Fringe Boot ($465) – Flat, lace-up combat-reminiscent boots are a quick way to tap into the military look, yet they are classic enough to outlast the the trend’s lifespan (though trends always recycle). Joie’s boots have a vintage vibe that have an older-world militia feel.
2. AKA New York Stripe Sweater ($270) – As Seen In Lucky Magazine, this stripe sweater from AKA New York features epaulette-like beaded shoulder detailing. The shoulder patches have a distinct sergeant look but retains a girly style.
3. Current/Elliott Majorette Jacket ($284) – This tailored jacket from denim-favorite, Current/Elliott is the perfect staple piece for executing the military trend. It features gold studs along the lapel accents that makes for a major statement.
4. Tarah Smith The Jet Setter Bag ($575) – The jet setter bag (also available in an army-green hue) choices leather from a palette of common military shades: cognac, brown, and olive. The huge carry-all has amazing gold hardware on the handles and patent leather accents. This is the ideal carry-on companion with the impending holiday traveling season. Wrap up in a neutral sweater coat, leggings, and flat boots and you’ll be airplane-ready and on-trend!