Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen is the poster-child for glam rocker-chic style. Perhaps it’s natural for her seeing as she’s the singer in her rock band, Pretty Reckless. Momsen seems to adopt her ‘reckless’ attire from stage in her everyday street attire—a choice that seems uncalculated, which of course makes her look even cooler. Momsen pairs tough, tattered items with one or two girlie touches to keep from looking too haphazard, like the outfit above seen recently on the set of GG.
To recreate her look, we first selected the actual jeans she was wearing:
1. Current/Elliott Shredded Skinny in Night Wash ($240) – Ripped denim looks effortlessly cool and sharp in black—these Current/Elliott pair are one of the actress’ favorites.
2. Madison Marcus Adorn Jacket ($438) – Momsen adds a little girlie-glitz by layering a sequined jacket underneath a shorter, more casually-finished jacket. This Madison Marcus jacket will pop underneath a black jacket.
3. Current/Elliott Majorette Jacket in Night Wash ($284) – Choose a casual jacket like this cropped jacket to layer over your sequin piece to tone down its dressy nature. The cotton material will soften the look while keeping it edgy.
4. K.Allyn Pocket Tank in Grey ($52) – Last for your bottom layer, choose a neutral-hued tank like Momsen to serve as a canvas for the jacket combo.
The fur vest is a piece seen consistently on fall runways the past few seasons. It was seen in the Autumn/Winter 2009 RTW collections of Milly, Ralph Lauren, and Oscar de la Renta, each with unique flare. The fur vest probably gained most of its street-cred thanks to celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe who exemplifies how to wear the vest in a way that’s effortless yet polished.
So sure, the fur vest appears to be undeniably cute—but how does one exactly wear it?
In today’s style file, we’re breaking down three essential steps to assembling the perfect look with the fur vest, all centered around our hero piece, the Eternal Child Fur Vest ($420).
1. THE VEST-MENT: Step one clearly is the central focus, the fur vest itself. We love the Fur Vest by Eternal Child ($420) for it’s non-bulky shape and ideal lower-hip length. It’s an investment worth indulging in because you will be able to wear with in many ways and for many years to come.
2. FOUNDATION: Creating the foundation layers that go beneath the vest is a matter of preference. If you like slacks, you should choose a blouse that won’t steal the show. Stick with solid colors and shirts that tuck in easily. With a neutral-colored pant, add a pop of autumn color like red, burgundy, cream, or forest green. Take a cue from Zoe and choose dark-wash, wide-legged denim. If skirts are your thing, choose a neutral, structured skirt as done on the Milly runway, and tuck in a fun patterned blouse, like the Printed Illusion Top by WINK ($195). The idea is to keep your foundation pieces tucked in close to your body so that your silhouette isn’t lost underneath the vest. With skirts and dresses (try the Aaron Ashe Area No. 3 Dress as seen on our model) tights are a must—we’d go with some ribbed tights and a cute ankle bootie like the Alexandre BirmanAnkle Booties ($365).
3. ACCESSORIZE: You may want to leave the vest hanging open like Zoe, but another way to streamline your vest is to cinch a skinny belt around your waist. Try the Emerald Snake Belt by Streets Ahead ($120) to pull together your look.
Ta-Da! You look fur-rific!
The J Brand Low-Rise Pencil Jeans in Oz ($197) are a celeb favorite. We’ve caught Heidi Pratt and Paris Hilton (who purchased hers at our store) in them. And now we spotted actress Kate Beckinsale strutting in hers.
We love that she kept them the center of focus by wearing neutral tones, from her cream platform pumps to her gray tank.
Get yours now!
Along with late night fast-food taco joints and eating ice cream from the carton, reality-tv is a guilty pleasure that can sometimes just feel so right (and secretly dirty). So for those reality-tv fans out there, closeted or not, we present you with Real Housewives of Orange County, Gretchen Rossi.
Rossi was seen picking out a pumpkin in the appropriately colored Lumberjack Twill from Superdry ($80). Call the store to see what inventory is available: 310.360.1660
Click to see what’s available from Superdry online!
If you spend any time at all lurking online peeking at celeb photos, chances are you’ve seen the trendiest celebrities wearing Current/Elliott jeans. Just this month, we showed you such fans Rihanna and Kim Kardashian.
While the brand has their iconic boyfriend jeans, Katie Holmes stood out in the pack of Current/Elliott clad starlets in The Moto Skinny Jeans in Night Wash ($240). Aptly named, they are a nod to motorcycle-style pants with slim-fitting, knee-pad-like seaming that looks unique and on-trend. Go on—get yourself a pair now!
One of our favorite hosts, E! television’s Catt Sadler, wore the Basketweave Skirt by Adam ($275) recently onThe Daily 10. It’s not the first time the hostess-with-the-mostess wore looks from our store (and not the last we suspect.) The Basketweave Skirt is a primo choice for comfort-seekers that like to look fashion-forward while also feeling flexible. The skirt features an elastic waist and exposed zipper at the back—two trendy touches that are accented by tucking in any solid-colored blouse.
Stay tuned for future looks spotted on The Daily 10!